Sunday, September 27, 2009

Expression of gratitude is important

One teacher who had an enormous impact on my schooling is Professor Cynthia Johnston. She teaches Latin. She is a great teacher. Her creative idea of teaching with songs has made her lessons stick with me to this day. This made her a very good teacher. That, mixed with her professional patience, a friendly rapport and approachable demeanor made her great. All this is what I aspire to if and when I ever teach.

She only taught for a couple years while I was at Campbell High School; Georgia State University noticed how good she was and snatched her from us. I tried getting in touch with her last year to express my gratitude, but never got word back from Georgia State's foreign language department. If you or anyone you know has any information to her whereabouts, please pass along my sentiments.

No comments:

Post a Comment